One of our favourite events we hold is our series of bottle shares. Special guests have included Evin, Toby and Ben from the Kernel, Gregg Irwin of Weird Beard and Tim Anderson of Nanban and Masterchef fame.
Last night's event was the first for 2017, inspired by Jen's accidental online purchase of a bottle of Cantillon St Lamvinus. Feeling guilt at depriving a non-beer-shop owner of this rarity, the idea for a Sour Spectacular was born, ostensibly to share out the St Lamvinus, but really to get good people together and drink great booze.
One of our all-time favourite sours is the Mad Hatter Tzatziki Sour, a beer as crazy as it sounds, and naturally we had to invite the creator of this madness to preside over proceedings. Paul Spraget now brews for Fourpure here in London, and there are loads of exciting things to come from that brewery (watch this space). But last night was devoted to a selection of Paul's favourite sours of all time. He gave us a guided tour through five sensational beers before we threw open the floor to the crowd who'd brought along their own beers.
Here's what you missed out on...
- Mad Hatter Tzatziki Sour
- Buxton Deep Rainbow Valley (Brett Edition)
- Mikkeller & Lindemans Spontanbasil
- Buxton Superluminal Sour IPA
- Thornbridge / Brooklyn Brewery Serpent
Bottle shares (in no particular order)
- WIld Beer Rubus Maximus (original 2-litre flagon, brewed January 2013!)
- Wild Beer Tom Yum Gose
- Cantillon St Lamvinus
- Cantillon Gueuze
- Bzart Krieklenlambiek 2012 Millesime
- Tilquin Quetsch
- Tilquin Gueuze
- Cigar City Lactobacillus Raspberry Grove
- Alvinne & Friends Sour'ire de Mortagne Oak Smoked Peach
- Crate Raspberry Brett Sour
- Kernel London Sour Raspberry
- Rodenbach Caractere Rouge
- Anspach & Hobday Pfeffernusse
- Cloudwater BA Clausenii Cherry Stout
- Cloudwater Spiced Mocha Porter
- MIA Ano Viejo Old Ale
- Urban Family Brewing BA Voices Underground
- Scorched Earth All Funked Up
- Hanssens Oude Schaerbeekse Krieken
- Alpine Brewing Co Pure Hoppiness DIPA
- Green Flash Palate Wrecker DIPA
- and probably more that we missed...
Thanks so much to everyone who came along and imbibed, and to huge thanks to Grandmaster Tash ( our very first customer way back in 2014) for the awesome shots.