On a grey and dreary Guy Fawkes' Day, here are a few things to put a rocket under your bum and a spring in your step - AMAZING NEW BEERS.
From the best part of London - that is, the South Side - we bring you:
- Brixton Pacific APA - it's no secret that our favourite Brixton beer has always been their juicy American-style pale ale, Atlantic, so - with a natural bias for all things down under - we were especially excited to see the new special edition Pacific Antipodean Pale Ale, showcasing the region’s boldest hops. A terrific beer!
- Brew By Numbers Black IPA - BBNO brings back the Black IPA, this time hopped with one of our favourite hops, the mighty Mosaic.
- Fourpure Northern Latitude - A delicious Scandanavian-inspired rye ale that's made for wintry times (and the perfect contrast to their forthcoming Southern Latitude summer ale, which was a huge smash last Christmas). And it has a reindeer on the can!
- Late Knights Peckham Rye IPA - finally back on shelf! Our favourite beer from the pub kings (and fellow Dulwich Hamlet sponsors) of South East London.
From further afield in this fine country of ours:
- Cloudwater DIPA - Manchester's excellent Cloudwater Brewery turns one on Saturday and to celebrate, they're launching a brand new, massively-hopped Double IPA. We'll have it on flagon-fill (at 9%, the biggest beer we've ever poured into 1-litre bottles) and in 330ml bottles from Saturday.
- Moor Not Another Eurovision Beer - Every week we demand more Moor and this week they've obliged with this succulent new rye amber, brewed with Brewdog for this year's Collab Fest. Plus, one of our absolute favourites strikes back as Return of the Empire, um, returns.
Finally, from even further afield:
- Jester King - adding to our illustrious stock of 750ml sharing bottles, we add two from this incredible US farmhouse brewery committed to making wild ales and spontaneously fermented beers. Vernal Dichomotomy is a saison fermented with kumquats, rosemary, lavender and spearmint (yes!) and Provenance Lemon & Lime is a wild-fermented citrus ale.
- And Imma let you finish, but Evil Twin & Lervig's Big Ass Money, an imperial stout brewed with money and pizza, has the best name and description of all time. Due in on Friday.