Our New Zealand shipment has finally arrived. You might recall we headed back to NZ in January to scope out what was happening in the homeland's beer scene and came back feverishly impressed - and immediately started planning to bring our favourites over.
These are on shelf now and will be available online once we've got back from Glastonbury (NB: the shop - online and real-world - is open throughout). You can find the complete list on our Untappd page here and read more about why we chose these beers/breweries here - here's a quick summary.
- Panhead Custom Ales - we've brought back NINE of Mike Neilson's fantastic beers, from SOBA Beer of the Year Supercharger APA to the rock'n'roll Canhead series. Find out why Panhead was selected as one of this year's Rainbow Project breweries.
- Parrotdog - Another of the Rainbow Project breweries, Parrotdog make beautiful, hop-forward beers. We've brought over their four core beers, all of which will knock your socks off.
- Townshend Brewery - One-man brewery Townshend's was named Champion NZ Brewery by the Brewers Guild in 2014, beating out the big boys and rightly so. Martin's 666 Belgian Tripel and Flemish Stout are award-winning beers to treasure.
- Hop Federation - A terrific young Nelson brewery that does amazing things with the hops on their doorstep. We've got three beers from them - their Double IPA, Red IPA and Weewaka session.
- Kereru Brewing Co - Kereru's Imperial Nibs was one of the stars of our NZ tasting a few months ago and scooped Best in Class at the New World Beer Awards earlier this year. Make sure you check their For Great Justice cocnut porteer and Karengose seaweed gose too...
- Peckham's Cider - New Zealand's best cidermakers. Ex-pat Brits who know how to make cider properly. Five varieties to choose from, including Feijoa and Boysenberry for a real taste of NZ.
* The majority of the beers are exclusive to HB&B, but we've also passed on a small amount to our good friends at Mother Kelly's. Keep an eye out for when they hit there :)