The best new beers! The best new hot sauces! The best old records! Who loves ya, baby? Here's what's new on the shelves this week...
- New breweries alert! We welcome Surbiton's Big Smoke Brew Co to our London shelves. These guys are making some cracking beers, of which we've got three: Medicine Man IPA, Electric Eye Pale Ale and Dark Wave Porter.
- We've also got double can action from Leeds brewery Northern Monk, another new entrant to the HB&B shelves. We've got their terrific New World IPA as well as It's A Trap, a collab Belgian IPA with our friends at Yeastie Boys.
- Plus after winning all the plaudits on flagon-fill, we've got Mad Hatter Brewing's Toxteth IPA in bottles, as well as Fear Of Eating Words, a hoppy bretted Trappist-style ale. Get in!
- From Pressure Drop, we've got the gloriously named and designed Alligator Tugboat IPA, as well as the welcome return of (the equally well-named) Strictly Roots, a beautiful earthy porter made with foraged dandelion and burdock.
- Buxton Yellow Belly makes its somewhat sinister debut. This beer was one of the hits of last year's Rainbow Project - a peanut butter biscuit imperial stout made with Swedish superstars Omnipollo. (FYI the provocative packaging is the breweries' protest against racists, the most yellow-bellied of them all.)
- You can't drink enough Arbor Ales it seems, so we've got another one to add to the line-up - Half Day IPA, a super-tasty American Pale Ale from our Bristol buddies.
- Our first-ever French beers hit the European section - Brasserie du Quercorb is run by former Dulwich residents Jayne and Paul, and they're making some terrific brews. PS - we're the only place you'll find these in London, so drink these and feel special...
- And as always, phenomenal new beers coming up on flagon-fill...
- We had a great day on Saturday with Harry from GingerBeard's Craft Preserves and Justin from Moor Beer in the house, launching their new collab sauce, Ghost Pepper Fusion 2015. All of Harry's sauces incorporate beers from Bristol breweries - i.e. practically made for HB&B - so we took the liberty of relieving him of all his stock before he went back home. Choose from Ultimate Stout BBQ Sauce (made with Bristol Beer Factory's Ultimate Stout), Moor Amoor Chipotle Ketchup (made with Moor's Amoor Porter) or the insanely good Beer Bacon & Chilli Jam (made with Arbor's Smokescreen Porter).
- We've also got two more local sauces lining up on the chilli wall - Vicky's Kitchen Caribbean Pepper Sauce, straight outta West Norwood, and Dalston Chillies' delicious fruity new Bajan Sauce.
- Cheers to customer Ian, who brought in a gold mine haul of eclecticness including Roxy Music, Motorhead, Aphex Twin, Black Sabbath, Bikini Kill and an original pressing of Pulp's Different Class with all six inserts... Get in to trawl the bins before Saturday when we're hauling them down to the New Cross Oxjam festival for the day. (Catch us at the Job Centre in Deptford and pick up some sauce and records while you catch loads of awesome bands.)